Advice is available on a range of topics from the council Housing Options service. Contact us if you need advice on any of these issues:

  • your property rights if you are a tenant, joint tenant or owner occupier
  • your property rights in a relationship breakdown
  • you are being harassed or threatened with illegal eviction
  • your landlord is not doing essential repairs
  • mediation with family or friends to help you stay in your home
  • mortgage or rent arrears
  • claiming benefits to help with housing costs
  • getting help with adaptations for someone who is disabled

Where to get housing advice

You can get advice on many housing related issues from the national charity Shelter.

If you're seeking new or alternative accommodation, see your housing options here.

Apply for the Luton housing register.

If you're experiencing domestic abuse


Help with benefits, money and debt